Sunday 22 August 2010

Home again

We arrived home on Saturday 21st August (my birthday) after a brilliant holiday with Cousin Pat and her family.  Sitting here with goosebumps on my arms as it is a little chilly in Scotland after the lovely sunshine in Tenerife.

Will add some photos of the island once they are downloaded to computer.

If you have never been to Tenerife I thoroughly recommend the island as a great holiday destination, lots of sun and great food (do try the local Canarian food you won't be disappointed) there are lots of places to see if you are not a beach babe.  On last year's trip we travelled by coach tours around the island, these are great with plenty of information from your tour guide.  This year we used the Titsa buses (local name is the Gua Gua bus) and had fun hopping off and on different buses to reach the towns we visited. Cousin Pat had a ball too as she visited the towns with us each day going to Santa Cruz and then jumped on the Gua Gua down to Puerto de la Cruz, another day we went to La Lagona where one of the highlights was a visit to the local cake shop (oh my the cakes were so yummy I had a bit of bother choosing my favourite) while my husband had a 3 flavoured ice cream cone and we climbed the bell tower what wonderful views of La Lagona.  We've also had boat trips to see the pilot whales and dolphins.  Next post I'l tell you some more of our holiday.

Cousin Pat has lived in Tenerife for over 10 years so she knows the language (and what she doesn't know she still is learning) this was a great help to us.  We found that many locals had a smattering of English so between a mixture of a few words of Spanish, sign language and English my husband and I were able to communicate quite easily.  After all it's fun to learn something new each day.  It's what keep the old brain ticking over. 

1 comment: