Thursday 26 August 2010

Back to the grind

Yes it's back to the weekly routine starting with Weightwatchers group this morning where I found I'd put on 3-1/2 lbs during my holidays, no one to blame but myself after all you cannot expect to stay the same while indulging in bottles of ice cold Dorada Beer (the local mild beer) and bags of Doritos crisps at night and Magnum chocolate ice creams.  So it's back to the grind of weighing and pointing my food for the day.  Hubby starts back to his 12hour shifts Friday night and I guarantee you he's not looking forward to that either.  But life has to go on after holidays!

I've shown you some of my paintings so now here are some of the monsters that I designed.  I call them the "Monstah Bunch, each have a name, come from a planet, and eat something for tea, but they're not really scary as they're only an old softie at heart".  These are made from fleece fabrics but I have also made different monsters in fur fabrics.  When I am making the monsters they kind of take on a life of their own and tell me what their names will be and what they eat for tea.
Now I know that sounds weird but believe me all you crafters out there will totally understand when I say "they talk to me" and I'm truly not ready for the 'funny farm' yet!


This is Ruby Rabbit with her own carrot to eat when she's hungry. I thought she was finished until my daughter said "you can't send her out into the world without knickers on!" so she now proudly displays her broderie anglais pink ribbon trimmed bloomers and is a happy little rabbit.



This little fellow is 'Captain Jack the Pirate Kat with pretty Polly on his shoulder'.  He is very loosely based on Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean and now lives very happily in France where he is learning some french phrases from his new owner Aurelie and her partner.
He's a dashing little fellow isn't he! but I don't think I'll be making any more Captain Jack's - he isn't cost effective but I had great fun adding all the extras to him like his dagger, buckles, eyepatch and best of all his pleated chin hair. 
Oh, and let's not forget Pretty Polly the parrot.

That's all for today folks, tune in on Friday for another slice of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment